Install Browser Extension

Many sources can be played directly in Watch2Gether but sometimes you are prompted to install a browser extension. Why is that?

Two reasons:

• The content to be played in your room is not directly supported by Watch2Gether. (e.g. because the website does not offer a way to embed their content)

• The content is from a supported website but some videos can not be embedded into other websites (e.g. age restricted videos from Youtube, videos where the uploader has disabled embedding…)

The extension allows you to play this content embedded or in an external window and offers some additional convenience features to access your rooms and content sources.

Desktop / Laptop Users

Install the extension from here:

For Opera: Watch2Gether - Chrome Web Store
For Firefox: Watch2Gether – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)
For Edge: Watch2Gether - Microsoft Edge Addons
For Chrome: Watch2Gether - Chrome Web Store

Mobile Users

Most mobile browsers do not support browser extensions at all. However, on Android you can install and use our extension on the Kiwi browser:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiwibrowser.browser

You might need to reload your current room after installing the extension.

More info on how to use Watch2Gether: How to use Watch2Gether?

8 Likes

May i ask when its going to be ready for chrome? (Im waiting for it)

6 Likes

what happened to the chrome extension as i had it but after reinstalling chrome it is gone and i can’t download, it seems it was only recently removed… will it return soon?

2 Likes

The extension for Chrome is now available again.

3 Likes

Will there be an extension for Brave browser users?

4 Likes

Is it available for ipads and tablets?

2 Likes

dream has been located :+1:

At the moment the extension is not available for mobile devices. This is a limitation of the current mobile browsers…

1 Like

Wish it was possible to play movies from Androids…maybe in future🥰

1 Like

Why has the extension been removed? When I click to try and use it, it says it is an error.

1 Like

sameee): i need it back

It’d be cool if it supported Firefox Android since a majority of PC extensions can be used in Android via Firefox nightly. But you guys are probably busy with other important stuff. Just a suggestion.

Edit: It was said that it’s not on mobile because of browser limits. Does it also apply for Firefox nightly?

1 Like

Hola, al reproducir con link de facebook no deja abrir el vídeo en el móvil, alguna sugerencia?

1 Like

Hi Jack, can you share a link which is not working for you?

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your feedback! You are right, it could work with Firefox on Android. I will have to check if it’s actually usable on a small screen though. Thanks for the hint!

4 Likes

SMF you help me with the following link to the following

I’m afraid i don’t really understand your post. Can you clarify this?

3 Likes

When will chrome extension for Android will be available?

you should have a great work for the watch together. but you might forgot one isue for the user.
mobile user cant play the video form the direct link,.
so i hope u all can fix this isue as soon as posible.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your feedback! Yes you are right, this is for sure a drawback. Unfortunately most mobile browsers do not support extensions at the moment…

1 Like