Screenshare not working with audio

I can share screen of my Application Window or Browser Tab. When I am trying to share my whole screen without audio it works fine but when I am trying to share it with audio It doesnt work. It automatically turns off without any notification. Anyone has a fix or is it a known bug? I cant find anything on the forum. I’ve tried turning off ad-block and restarting it couple of times.
please help

Thanks for your feedback! Which browser are you using?

My main browser is “brave” but I tested on other browsers, it doesnt seem to work too.

I also am not sending audio with screen share. There is no audio whether I am sharing a window or whole screen. I am using Firefox, have tried on both Windows and Linux boxes.

1 Like

It should work with Chrome. When you share a Chrome tab you should have an “Audio” checkbox at the bottom of the share dialog. It’s a browser limitation at the moment…

When you click on Audio checkbox, Both Video and Audio stop working.
If uncheck the Audio, only Video is coming, no sound.

Which browser / version are you using and which operating system?

Have same problem here. Browser is Opera. If “Share Audio” checkbox was pressed, I see the message “The device could not be activated. Please check the permissions by clicking on the lock symbol next to the address bar.”. But w2g already have all the necessary permissions in browser.

Thanks for your feedback! This is interesting. So when you share without audio it works but with audio it fails? Does it work with Chrome or any other browser you have installed on your system?

It still not working, on any browser, i tried a lot of times

Thanks for your feedback! Can you tell me what exactly is not working for you? The thread covers different issues.

the screensharing with audio

the same that was reported on the start of the post

Thanks for clarifying that. Is audio working for you when you share a browser tab and enable the “Share tab audio” option in the share dialog?

i tried all of i can do…
about drivers, about browser options… all, and the problem still there…
the users cant do anything to solve the problem, is a programming error or something like that

Screen sharing with audio works only when sharing a browser tab. It does not work with any other application. This is limitation that’s caused by the way how browsers implement the screen sharing feature. Sharing a browser tab with audio works pretty well though.

I have the same problem…
When I try to share my entire screen and check the box to share the system audio when I accept it, it says
"Feature not available
The device could not be activated. Verify permissions by clicking on the lock symbol next to the address bar. " but I have all the necessary permissions enabled and it doesn’t matter if I use Opera or Chrome browser it remains the same.
The weird thing is that until a few weeks ago it was working perfectly but it just stopped working :,/

Thanks a lot for your feedback! Does it make a difference when you don’t check the audio check box?

If I check the box to share the audio it sends me an error, but if I don’t activate it and accept it, it lets me share my screen normally.

Interesting… i have never seen this issue before. Does the same thing happen when you run Watch2Gether in an incognito window?