How to use W2gSync

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sync System Update

Hello, the extension worked good for a year, but now suddenly it broken. It opens an empty window and browser tab with video, and when I am trying to link any of that, in both ways video is not synchronized.
But for my friends it’s all work as usual.

Which browser are you using?

I am using Google Chrome

Does this happen with videos from one specific site of with all websites you try?

it suddenly stop working on all websites.

Can you try to disable all other extensions that you have installed and check if that makes a difference?

Hey, when my friend clicks on “open” it says “403 Forbidden”. What does it mean? What can he do to get it to work?

@user_95f53b7185f71fb Is it possible to hide the Play/Pause toolbar? The green toolbar is a little bit irritating while watching a video. :confused:

Not right now… but i thought about it already as well!

@user_95f53b7185f71fb well then, where I have to submit my feature request? :joy:

EDIT: Found it.:relaxed: See: Add support for hiding the Play/Pause toolbar in W2gSync

Hello I’m trying to watch a movie my girlfriend and I tried so much for this but it can’t come …and I want to watch this movie with my friend I’m so disappointed that it’s not working please I want to watch this film anyhow !!!

Thanks for your feedback. Can you please send a link to the video to florian@watch2gether.com ?

I hope you guys are aware of the fact that it constantly says This website is in no way associated with Watch2Gether, while it’s youtube.

What’s the fix?

Thanks for your feedback. This dialog appears whenever a video from YouTube is not embeddable because the owner of the video disabled embedding or when the content is age restricted on YouTube. These are restrictions enforced on YouTube’s side and the only thing we can do is providing a workaround using W2gSync.

Oh I see!
I didn’t know videos could be disabled for embedding. At least the template for the popup window works great!

Yeah not all videos from YouTube are embeddable. But I agree that the wording the popup could be improved and explains this fact better. Enjoy Watch2Gether!