Why is the quality so fucking shit all the time

literally it just sits in 240p for no reason, why?

Thanks for your feedback! You are talking about videos from Youtube?

yes lol, the videos just spawn in 240p and the controls don’t work so its like just awful quality. we’re using google chrome. the video quality is fine when we have to load videos with the extension, but when watching from the watch2gether website we have no choice in the quality of the video. it almost always defaults to 360p or lower. its not an internet connection problem, we’ve used similar websites (everything else completely worse than watch2gether excluding the quality) with zero issues on the video quality.

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, there is no real way to force playback quality for embedded players through the player API. YouTube more or less automatically chooses a quality level that the player thinks is appropriate. What site did you use that offered better quality? I would be happy to look into that.

https://sync-tube.de/ is the other website we use when the quality is too poor to watch here. it’s never auto selected the quality for us, and uses what we set. not sure how they got around the api restrictions. thanks for trying to help

Thanks… I guess it’s possible to set the quality using the native controls of the player. I’ll think of a way to optionally enable the native controls during playback on Watch2Gether.

that would be amazing :smiley: