W2G Extension no longer synching for age restricted youtube videos

Usually I can resync with my friends to watch any car crash comps on youtube, however the extension wont sync the videos together anymore. Any idea what’s going on?

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. Can you explain in details what happens when you try to play these videos?

1 Like

Sure thing! We will open the video through the extensions link in our w2g room. The red bar at the top of the extension window appears asking for either a “re-sync” or “set as new” both options no longer syncs the new window for all the rooms viewers.

In the past we have had this issue and set as new would usually fix the issue. But not now lol

1 Like

Okay, i think i see what you mean. I’ll look into it ASAP.

1 Like

Can you try it again and check if it works for you now? Thanks!

1 Like

Just tried it again with an age restricted car crash compilation with another friend. Extension will open the tab for us, but the red bar being out of sync is still there. When either of us “Set as new” it will close the extensions window with the video player. But there is still no ability to control the videos timeline for all users

1 Like

Are you guys using Chrome? When the red bar appears, can you make a right click in the popup window and select “Inspect”. In the window that opens up you should see the URL of the page at the top. Can you take a screenshot of that URL and send it to me? Either here as PM or by email to florian@watch2gether.com

1 Like

This should have been fixed. Please make sure that your browser extension is at version 7.5

1 Like

This has been fixed! Wonderful job thank you so much! My friends and I are SO happy we can watch together again!!

1 Like

Florian saves the day again :slight_smile: