Videos only change when in the same tab

I have been trying to use Watch2gheter as a mean of providing music to my online RPG group on roll20. Creating different lists with different kinds of genre is great for RPG games like that, but unfortunately watch2gheter will not play the next music on a playlist unless you’re in the same tab as watch2gether. That kinda defeats the purpose of using the tool as a way of playing certain soundtracks for my players, since they wouldn’t be able to play the game in one tab and listen to the music in another.
That currently happens for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. Is this a feature of the tool? Is there a way around it? Or to change from one video to another everyone has to click on that tab again?

1 Like

Its not really a feature but a limitation by some browser / player combinations. It might help to run Watch2Gether in it’s own window where you have no other tabs open. The window itself can then be in the background.

Thanks! I was able to solve this problem using watch2gheter in another window in firefox, as long as I didn’t minimized that window (but still being able to maximize other windows).

1 Like