Video skips the first few seconds

I made a playlist, and when any video starts playing, it skips the first few seconds for each video, sometimes it’s 4 seconds, sometimes it’s 8, sometimes 2. I don’t know why this keeps happening, no one is touching it in the room. Can it be because of the internet connection and buffering? This has been happening for two days now. I have linked videos from Youtube. Thanks for any help in advance!

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. We updated the sync system which will now provide a much better, tighter and more robust synchronization between the users. As a side effect you might experience some skips when the system brings everyone to the same moment of the video. We will try to make the start of the video a bit smoother though.

This has been the one little problem I’ve consistently encountered. Whenever a new video starts playing a few seconds in it will skip about 4 seconds then a few seconds later it will do it again, as if the system is “settling in” to the video. It does this on every single new clip. If I rewind the clip and start over it still does it. It’s not a big deal but I was wondering if anyone ever figured this out?