The green bar is not working properly

I cannot click the Play / Pause button and I cannot fast-forward the movie while watching netflix on w2g. A friend of mine can do this and I have lost this function for some time.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. Which browser are you using? What happens if you click on “Pause” just nothing?

I am using OperaGX. A few weeks ago everything was fine, but recently I can’t use the green control bar at the top while watching together. I can pause the movie or rewind it manually without using the green bar function, but it only affects my movie and not my friend’s. A friend of mine can use the green bar function, and I am the founder of the room.

Thanks! Can you try to uninstall our extension reinstall it from here: Watch2Gether - Chrome Web Store

Does that change anything?

Yesterday I also installed a plug-in and cleaned my browser cookies. Today I did it again via the link mentioned above.

And it did not change anything? What happens if you try to run the site in Chrome (just for testing).

I installed google chrome, everything works there. I uninstalled and installed opera, reinstalled the plug, it doesn’t work.

Thanks a lot. So it seems to be an incompatibility with Opera. I’ll try to reproduce this next week and see if i can find a fix. Thanks for reporting this!

1 Like

I just double checked it and the extension works fine with the regular Opera browser. Will have to check GSX though…

I am using Opera GX. I just discovered something. When I press the “open” button and the watch window (netflix) opens, I cannot use the green control bar. When I zoom the video in the upper right corner to the full image, I still can’t use this feature. But when I press the “F11” key, which is responsible for opening the browser in full screen, then I can use this function norl just like before. I don’t know what it depends on, but for now I will use it like that. (If you want, I can record the screen to show what I mean in more detail.)

Thanks a lot for the update. I will setup GX in Windows and give it a try. Do you have the regular Opera browser installed as well? If yes, do you see the same issue there?

Just to add, I have the same issue on Opera GX, tried reinstalling and nothing. Haven’t tried in another browser, but the green bar can’t be paused or moved

Thanks for your feedback! I can confirm this issue now and it seems to affect both Opera and Opera GX. I will try to fix it tomorrow and roll out an update through the web store. As a workaround you can use the player controls in the Watch2Gether window. They should work as expected.