PLEASE, Allow Watch2Gether Playlists to be re-organized and Re-arranged

When you make a playlist in Watch2Gether, it’s stuck in whatever order you made it in. So for example, lets say you make three playlists, playlist 1, then 2 and then 3. The order of those playlists cannot be moved, which leads to a lot of frustration as you cannot re-organize them without deleting and recreating playlists.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback! Yes i agree this sucks. We are currently working on a new UI for the frontend. I’ll put it on the todo list!

3 Likes

I can only agree.
We’re using Watch2Gether to have audio in the background when playing DnD.
Sometimes it is a huge pain to always search for a specific playlist and it doesn’t really matter how well we’re naming the playlists.
Especially when adding new playlists.
I really hope the developer will add this feature some day because we don’t really wanna switch the platform but we’re so close to find something else unfortunately :confused:

Thanks for your feedback. Your main problem is that you can’t change the order of the Playlists? Or are they any other issues?

Thanks for your reply!

It is only the order of the playlists that can’t be changed. The videos within a playlist can be moved, but not the playlists themselves.

Thanks a lot. And you need to change the order because you have so many lists in your room?

Currently we have 20 playlists.
We would like to add more playlists over time which is obviously possible but each playlist is used for a different scenario in DnD ( [Battle] Fighting, [Battle] Incoming, [Dungeon] Creepy, [Dungeon] Terrifying, [Peaceful] Meeting, [Village] Jungle, etc.) but after a certain point it is no longer very clear where which playlist was for which scenario.
The reason why we’d like to add new playlists is because we weren’t thinking about a specific scenario earlier or because we’re entering a new place in our DnD campaign which often requires different music (different race, habitat, life behavior, etc.)

Of course this is definitely a problem many users don’t have so I can totally understand that adding this feature is not high prioritized and I don’t know how easy or hard it is to implement such a feature into Watch2Gether.

Thanks a lot lot for the details. Would it already help you if you had a search function for the playlists?

1 Like

Sorry for my late reply!
A search function would also be really helpful since it’s not possible to find a playlist via the built-in search function in web browsers.
It wouldn’t be as clean as I’d usually prefer it but still really helpful.

2 Likes