My IP Address seems to be stuck in a bugged room

While putting together a playlist for a w2g, my room crashed.
Since then I have not been able to join any room with my current IP Address.
When trying to create a new room, the loading symbol spins forever, without anything happening.
When trying to join a session created by another user, I get the error “This room does not exist”

What I tried so far:

• rebooting PC
  • deleting cookies
  • disabling ad blocker
  • using different browser
    with no effect.

The only thing that works, is enabling a VPN. If I do so, everything works just fine. So the problem has to be related to my IP Address.

What can I do, to “repair” my actual IP?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks a lot for your bug report. When your room is stuck in loading, can you make a right click on the site, select “Inspect” and take a screenshot of the console tab of the dialog that opens up. Please mail the screenshot to florian@watch2gether.com and i’ll have a look!

It would be helpful as well if you could visit the site https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ while your VPN is disabled and send me the generated unique URL.

I seem to be having this exact same bug. Everything OP said matches.

It also looked like my connection to https:(//)api(.)w2g(.)tv/ was being blocked, which could explain this. After trying to connect for several seconds, it says “This site can’t be reached, api(.)w2g(.)tv took too long to respond.”
Again, to be clear, regardless of browser or device, the IP seemed to be the issue.

I can’t seem to attach screenshots (or links, so “.” has been changed to “(.)” ) here, but here’s what the “Inspect” console tab reads:

w2gbundle.58d8cb2a.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) not_subscribed
sync(.)1rx(.)io/usersync…WfR1YxkVW4?gdpr=0:1
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb/browser-polyfill.js.map: System error: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
api(.)w2g(.)tv/users/current_user.json:1
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
w2gbundle.cfbd80ae.js:1 Auth Error
api(.)w2g(.)tv/rooms/create.json:1
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
w2g .tv/:1 Uncaught (in promise) 500

Thanks for getting in touch. Does it work for you in a different room?

No, I’m unable to create rooms myself and any rooms my friends create show the same “This room does not exist” when I try to join.

Were are you located? Do you have the chance to try a different internet connection?

When connecting to my mobile hotspot (and presumably when using a VPN, according to OP), the issue is resolved. I did not previously have this issue on my main internet up until a few days ago. I am located in Texas, USA.

Does this link load for you: https://api.w2g.tv/static/w2guser-default.png

(It should show an image)

Upon trying the website today, everything seems to work with no issue. I don’t know what changed.

I’m fairly certain that the image would have failed to load while the bug was active.

Thanks so much for your help, I’ll post again if the issue resurfaces.

1 Like