Issues with Popper Blocker Browser Extension

It seems like a recent update of the popular browser extension “Popper Blocker” is breaking the embedded Youtube player. Like on other websites you will therefore experience playback issues on Watch2Gether when you have this extensions installed and enabled.

I have informed the developers of the extension and ask them to provide a fix asap. In the meantime you should add an exception for Watch2Gether or uninstall Popper Blocker.

I have consolidated the support requests about this issue in this thread.

Note: This is actually not related to any PopUp or Ad being blocked but a bug in the extension.

3 Likes

Okay so when I’m trying to pause stuff or start videos nothing happens. I can see in the chat that the video got changed, but it’s still on the start video. I can’t change the volume or fast forward. Please help me this is annoying as hell.

2 Likes

I have this problem and i dont know why it wont let me pause or increase the volume of a video i have this problem for somewhere around 2-3 weeks i tried to clear my cache my history cookies but it wont work

Have kinda the same problem´.
When ever i try to put a Youtube link in the search bar, the video come longer down in the thread. And when i click it, it just cpoys the link into the chat channel, also. I can’t go back or forth in the video when i manage to get it working.

I have triede clearing my brower cache & Cookies, and that dosen’t help.

I have this problem and i dont know why it wont let me pause or increase the volume of a video i have this problem for somewhere around 2-3 weeks i tried to clear my cache my history cookies but it wont work

I’ve figured out what the problem was. Turns out it was an extension that I’d missed :flushed:.

Going with your suggestion, I temporarily disabled my security software. This caused some of my web connections to report errors, but for a brief moment W2G had started to work! Of course the moment I went to check another room, everything broke again.

I then wondered if maybe flushing my DNS would do something. It didn’t, so I downloaded Chrome and found that it did get W2G to work. But not wanting to give up on Opera I went back and retraced my steps, and that was when I saw that there was an extra browser extension that I’d missed.

Pop up blocker for Chrome™ - Poper Blocker, was screwing things up. It’s version 4.0.8.6, the version was deployed this morning. I’d added it to Opera several months ago, and forgotten all about it after hiding it from my browser’s toolbar. So today when I tried to disable everything, this one extension was the only one i’d failed to turn off. I should have been more thorough!

It looks like simply whitelisting Watch2Gether.com solves the problem, but clearly something was done to the extension to cause errors with the site, and I think it may be the cause of some other troubles I’ve had today.

Thank you for replying so quickly!

for some reason randomly on chrome watch2gether stopped playing the videos my friends or i was putting on, if i try to select a video it goes on for them but doesn’t play for me, if they do it doesn’t play at all and when i click play it pauses/plays for them on their side but doesn’t for me

i’m tried clearing cookies and cache, logging out and back in, everything

fixed on chrome, let’s hope the developers of pop up blocker fix the issue soon. thanks for the support