Is it possible to just voice chat?

Is there a way to do just voice chat without video?

Hi and thanks for getting in touch! Right now it’s not possible to voice chat without video. Do you think that would be a good option to ad?

2 Likes

I think it would be a great option to add! Not everyone enjoys video chatting but do still enjoy voice chatting.

1 Like

Thanks for your input! I think this can be added with one of the next releases. I just have to test the compatibility between different browsers in audio only mode.

1 Like

IS THERE Any mic to mic options? if not can mic have dual controls when added? that be excellent thing to partake in., thank you kindly

Hi! What do you mean with mic to mic option?

Speak to a friend while movie plays.

You mean to a single friend and not the whole group?

absolutely! Why would we want to look at each otherwhile watching stuff? Plus video takes a lot of bandwidth. I just spent the last hour trying to workout how to use audio only. When will this be available please?

Thanks for your feedback!

I think mic to mic would be the best. Sometimes, you just wanna talk to one friend.

1 Like

@mondrail thanks for your feedback as well!

It’s actually pretty easy to talk to a friend. I just made a call to my daughter and started the video on w2g and we were able to watch and hear the video plus talk to each other. This app is the best!!

I mean, I would just use discord or another app meanwhile that gets added.
Have discord for voice chatting and video chatting and watch the video on watch2gether. that’s what people did on rabb.it

this wouldd be a great feature, sometimes using discord and watch2gether at the same time isn’t feasible (for example on a phone) so this would be helpful

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the delay of this feature. It should be ready within the next few weeks.

I can’t speak with my friend, there is only camera view

Did you enable your microphone in your avatar?

Does this mean that audio chat will now work?