[Idea] Clear Chat History

it would be nice if we could have a feature of clearing the chat.
The chat starts working hard after a bigger number of messages stocked in the scrolling area.

This could be set only for the owner of the channel or also for the moderators (in case you are thinking about implementing permissions) so it cannot be abused. It could also have a dual function so you can reset it in different ways: either locally (just for you) or for all the members.

Much appreciated!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your idea. What do you exactly mean with: “The chat starts working hard” ?

You mean it’s slowing down performance wise?

1 Like

Yes, everything starts working extremely hard on the platform the moment the chat has a lot of messages - at least for me.

1 Like

I just spammed my room’s chat while playing a video. Nothing out of the normal happened and it was running fine.

1 Like

It probably depends on the browser and the power of your hardware. But it’s a valid point and it might make sense to shorten the length of the message list automatically in the background. Will think about it!

PS: When you reload the site, the message list will be shortened to the last 20 messages.

1 Like