How I'm using this as an online "stage"

I am a motivational speaker and comedian, storyteller, and I have a one-woman show. Obviously all meetings have been cancelled for the near future - and all theaters has shut down. I don’t have a stage anymore. But I did film my one-woman theater show and it’s not available to the public. And I went to a recording studio and also wrote/performed/filmed a show in the studio with commercials, etc. Now I just need a place to send everybody to watch. I need an online “theater” where people can chat, visit before and after the show, send comments, and where I can be there too - but where the show has already been pre-recorded. My shows are productions so the video doesn’t stream well at all. It has to be uploaded to the platform. Facebook is too cluttered, and people are too confused on where to go. Watch2Gether seems to solve my problem - even though I haven’t held my first online event yet. But I’ve tested it, and I guess because it’s not streaming and comes from Youtube, the quality is BEAUTIFUL to whoever is watching. So my plan is to sell my show to a group (example, women’s non-profit who need to gather together online - or a fundraiser) and give them all links to this watch party, and on show night we watch it together. The show is not available anywhere else, so it’s special and you have to pay to watch it. So I’m glad I can keep the video private on youtube, but play it here in this private watch party. So far so good!!! Thank you for creating this platform. I do like the idea that people could go into rooms and chat in small groups - but I also understand that it creates more work and potential problems.

1 Like

Hi Kelly, you may want to consider Vimeo for storing your videos. The free version has a storage limit, but besides that it is all very professional. You can easily hide your content from the community, but need to switch to “all can see” for a moment when you put your video link into Watch2gether, so your thumbnail of the movie appears.
Best - Tom (not affiliated w/ Vimeo, but a bit grumpy about Youtube)

1 Like