General help for a new user

Is there a general help feature where a new user can search for assistance?
For instance, can Watch2Gether be used to watch a video on any site with someone else?

Thanks

Bruce

Hi Bruce, there is currently no general help page or feature. But it would for sure be a good idea to create one… To answer your question: You can watch almost any publicly available video from the supported platforms. These are for the moment: Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Twitch (live streams only) and Soundcloud (music).

Thanks for the reply. It answers my question about watching some of the ‘other’ sites that have videos ’

Hello. So I created a room to watch a YouTube video with a friend. I wanted to activate my web cam and a box popped up and said: “Your Browser has no webcam support. Please update to the latest version of Chrome or Firefox. Watch2Gether will continue without webcam support.” and then it loads the side until infinity and I can’t do anything to make it stop. I’ve tried logging out or creating another room but every time I enter the room, that box pops up and tells me that “Your Browser has no webcam support. Please update to the latest version of Chrome or Firefox. Watch2Gether will continue without webcam support.”
The thing is that I don’t use neither Firefox nor Chrome, I use Safari because I have a MacBook. What can I do to solve this problem?
Thank you!

Thanks for this feedback. That the site continues to load forever is a bug on our side. I will have a look at it. For webcam support you will have to use a browser that supports the technology "WebRTC. For the moment these are Firefox, Chrome and Opera. All of them can be installed on a Mac as well.

The site should no longer keep reloading when the webcam is enabled on Safari. To make the webcam work you still have to use a browser with webrtc support (Chrome, Firefox or Opera)

How do I add people to my chat room? God, I feel like such a noob.

Simply send the link of the room to someone you would like to add. You can do this through Facebook, Skype, Email,… whatever way you have to reach that person. Does this help?