Easier way to move songs within playlist

Servus Florian!

I’m honoured at your swift reply!

The logic is simple: my friends and I create a large collection of songs we like, and then return to the same playlist week after week. So from time to time, one of us wants to hear a song that’s already somewhere in the list. That’s basically the use case (I jumped to a solution, but this may have been premature!).

In this case, one currently has two choices:

1. Repeat the search to find a song already somewhere in the list (which feels unnecessary)
  2. Scroll up, search for the tune, grab it and then drag down (which as I said, feels clunky and time-consuming).

I guess there are several potential remedies here, aside from directly addressing the scroll/jump thing. Here are some alternative ideas:

• A “source list” of favourite/starred tunes, which one could access easily and add to the list (could be same interface / style as search results, e.g. collapsible box at bottom of page)
  • Search within playlist (edit: I just saw this, sorry: Search bar for the playlist)
  • Define “breakpoints” in a playlist, and jump songs to any one of them (i.e. not necessarily the end of the list)
  • when dragging, have some hotzones appear which give options like a) play next b) move to end c) play within next x songs
  • Drag a song right or left to move it to next/end

But of course, its for you to decide on the relative benefits and costs (time/effort) involved in each of these ideas.

Thanks for your support - you can count on mine!
Dimitri

1 Like