Automated IP ban the cause of not playing YouTube video's?

Hi! I think my IP may have been banned. I’ve been trying to figure out why I can’t play YouTube video’s (but I can play SoundCloud). When I accidentally switched to my 4G connection instead of wifi, YouTube was able to play without issue and that seems to be pretty consistent now.

If my IP was banned, I have no idea why.

Thank you!

Can you play videos on YouTube directly? Does it make a difference when you use Watch2Gether in an ingognito window?

Hi! Yes, I can play videos on YouTube directly. It does not seem to make a difference in incognito mode or by using different browsers or OS (Windows 10 and Windows 7). The same happens on my iPhone as well with Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

When I connect via 4G, everything works instantly.

Thabks a lot for your feedback. Can you check if the embedded YouTube videos on https://listenonrepeat.com work for you?

Yes, they seem to work fine! And actually even the w2g works fine now, so perhaps it was just a temporary glitch?

It has happened to me twice though, so while it seems I don’t need help anymore, I still wanted to mention it.

It was only for YouTube for some reason, SoundCloud still worked fine on both occassions.

Okay thanks a lot for the update. I guess that was an issue on YouTube’s side. Let me know when you experience it again!