Age restriction

Dose not show videos wich are age restrictet. It only passes me on to youtube where i can watch it normaly.

How can i get it to show those?

1 Like

I guess that’s related to your YouTube account. Are signed into your YouTube account with your browser while on Watch2Gether? Which browser are you using?

I had the same problem too. I’m using Google Chrome.

I switched to Microsoft Edge and it worked there.

I seem to have the same problem with chrome, haven’t changed anything in the past few days. worked fine before.

Same problem with firefox

Yes, this seems to be a change on YouTube’s side. Age redistricted videos no longer play on any embedded player.

The system will now automatically switch to W2gSync if the videos can not be played in the embedded player.

Is there any ways to fix this?

The system will now automatically switch to W2gSync if the videos can not be played in the embedded player. Friends not able to view the videos even we have add the extensions

Why are your firends not able to view it. Did they install the extension as well?

yes they also install the extension, still it is blank screen to them or they also needs to open link in youtube. Not able to watch together

Do you mean they open the popup window which should show the video and it’s empty? Which browser in which version are you guys using?

Will it be possible in the future to fix this issue without using W2gSync? It’s kind of annoying since if it’s a playlist we’re listening to in the background we have to go and click the “Open” button.

This is still a problem. Any age restricted videos will not play in W2G. This is ruining many playlists.

This is a change on Youtube’s side. Age restricted videos no longer work on any embedded player on 3rd party sites. Age-restricted YouTube videos will not play on 3rd-party sites - 9to5Google

You should look into making an app version then. Can’t watch half the stuff I usually do because the work around doesn’t exist for phones.

Yes unfortunately this was caused by a change on YouTube’s side. Will think about a solution for mobile.