Ability to use Youtube timestamps

Hello, as a user of watchtogether for roleplaying games, I would love if it could take into account timestamps.

An example with Youtube (don’t know if timestamps exist in other medias compatible with WatchTogether) : https://youtu.be/2QDuYhS4pdU?t=750
I have a music were the first minutes aren’t relevant, I want to directly start at a precise time when I’m selecting it.
So I provide Watchtogether with a link with the relevant timestamp, here “t=750”.

In it’s current state, WatchTogether doesn’t take into account the timestamp and directly starts at the beginning of the video. I have to manually adjust the position in the video.

What I would like, is for Watchtogether to take into account the time stamp in the video link and start the video at that position.

Thank you for reading, have a great day :slight_smile:

Thanks for your feedback. That’s indeed a nice idea. I will check if it’s possible to implement the next time i work on the player!

1 Like

Excellent idea. Indeed, I suggested the exact same thing to Florian a few months ago. Thanks for looking into it, Florian.

1 Like

Hello, any news about this topic?
Do you think it will be implemented in the future, or sadly it doesn’t provide much value/too much work to implement?

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately I have no update at time…