Feedback Redesign

Thanks for your feedback as well. There will be an updated playlist manager which should resolve some of these issues. You might also want to try the keyboard shortcut “c” which toggles up&down the detached chat.

Each redesign is worse than the previous. I don’t know why there is such a focus to take up room on the screen and make the video smaller. Please make the video the main focus of WATCH2gether. At least allow all other distractions to be minimized.

1 Like

Liking the new redesign.
Having one issues with a room I have been using for a few months, Auto play isn’t working anymore.
Opened a new room and it was fine there. Am I missing a setting somewhere? :thinking:

Hi thanks for your feedback! What do you exactly mean with autoplay? The video does not start to play when you select it? Does that happen for all users in the room?

When I hit play, the first video plays, but once it is complete, it will not advance to the next one in the playlist. It just stops.
I brought the owner of the room in after. He was able to make it auto-advance in the playlist.
From what it looks like, there is no way to pass ownership or co-admin to a second person in the group now.

In the new redesign the majority of the window is taken up by emtpy space. The video is the main reason you use this page, so why is it so small? I have used this page to watch YT with my LDR boyfriend every day for over a year now, but he really doesn’t like new design so he switched to a different service. I really love watch2gether, so that makes me really sad. One of my favourite features is that the videos I watch on it actually show up in my YT history (not so with the new page we use :sob: )! I really wish that you could add something like the cinema mode from YT so that you would be able to maximize the size of the video, I don’t really care about seeing the chat or video history at all times. Just make both hidable! I wish you would help me so that me and my boyfriend can use w2g again. :pleading_face:

1 Like

Hey Radishgod, thanks for your feeddback. Yes, there is more white space now, but the player should not be much smaller than before since it’s mainly limited by the height of the page. Maybe you can send a screenshot by email to florian@watch2gether.com

Could be that you are experiencing a bug there.

Not sure if this has been an issue with the most recent update, but we had a playlist with roughly 800+ songs on, when we updated the playlist and tried to import with the new additions, the limit appears to be 550. We tested this with a few other public youtube playlists, and it appears it only goes so far as video #550. Is this a bug or is this a new limit on how many videos can be imported per playlist?

Thanks for the response, in regards the redesign we’ve had no issues with it and happy with how it looks

Hey Florian, I have send you an email with a screenshot attached!
It might not be much smaller since before the redesign, but since it was not particularily big in the first place it is now simply too small.

I really like the new redesign, very good job!
One thing I wish would be there is the length of every video in the suggested video list.

so I made a quick custom landscape style you can import, at least on firefox, on the stylus extension.
it’d be very, very good if it was a toggle in the site though

@-moz-document domain(“watch2gether.com”) {
.w2g-main-lower { padding: 0em 0em;}
.w2g-player-search {
max-width: 100%;
margin-top: 0em;
margin-right: 0em;}
.w2g-video-container { max-height: 100%;}
.w2g-main-right {
padding-top: 0em;
margin-top: 0em;
margin-left: 0em;}
}

it makes the video take most of the space and has the chat/playlist to the right

sadly I use chrome :c

there’s a stylus version for chrome too
I never fiddled with it before much since I just made this for me and my partner but it probably should work there too

sorry for going offtopic, I just can relate to wanting to use the site (it is by far our preffered one for sharing video and music together) and figured I should share for the community
I do still highly suggest integrating to the site something for wide screens that maximizes horizontal usage though

I think the new design is worse
I like having a big video one screen while not going into fullscreen mode.
Please add in a feature to close the playlist when we’re not using it, so it increases the video size. And I don’t know if everyone has this but on the left of my video there’s just a random piece of empty space. why is it there expect make the video smaller?

2 Likes